17 January 2009

It's not April yet, but . . .

Even though April is the month set for our modern Japanese lit overview, I found a link over at Condemned to Obscurity,a blog that largely appears to be about heavy metal but occasionally dips into other subjects, as well. Sam has written a great overview on a few modern Japanese authors, including Haruki Murakami, Oe, Mishima, and Kowabata. If you're interested in getting your feet wet with some Japanese writing, as many of us have been with Murakami, pop over and check it out! (Also, if you like heavy metal, you might want to check it out, too!)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow, I'm blushing and smiling.

Between the extreme metal and more obscure literature I really write myself into a corner. So it's awesome to have someone come to my page (how'd that happen, anyway?) and then actually enjoy it so much as to share it!

I'm totally excited for April now, too. I will be checking this page more often. Although the semester is starting up for me this week and I won't be able to lounge around and read whatever I please anymore.

It really means a lot that you enjoyed my writing and subject matter. Take care as always,

Sam